Help recognize the Stars of Georgia's Developmentally Disabled Community by participating in the nomination process for InCommunity's 2019 GOLDEN GOALS AWARDS!
We will host a luncheon with the stars and give special achievement awards to those members of our community who have shined over the past year.
If you would like the option to submit an online nomination CLICK HERE. Deadline for Nominee Submissions is October 20, 2019.
Event Date & Time: November 21, 2019 from 11:00AM-1:00PM
Event Location: The Metropolitan Club | 5895 Windward Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30005
For more information on the Golden Goals Awards, please call Erin Zauner at (404) 634-4222 ext. 271
• Mr. Golden Goals and Ms. Golden Goals - Presented to the best all-around individual. These individuals have excelled in all areas and demonstrate continued progress and initiative toward overcoming daily challenges with language, attitude, skill development, work, and relationships.
• Best Performing Actor and Actress - Presented to the individuals with the greatest advancement in one particular area.
• Best New Star or Starlet - Presented to an up-and-coming new "Actor" or "Actress" in the DD community who has been receiving support for less than one year and has shown an amazing ability to overcome life's challenges. These individuals may have recently moved into a day program, a supported employment program, or a residential program for the first time in the past year.
• Mr. and Ms. Congeniality - Presented to the individuals who have strong character, a great attitude, and are highly compatible with others. These individuals often volunteer in the community and perform duties beyond what is expected.
• Best Art and Design Male/Female - Presented to the individuals who exhibit exceptional skills in the areas of the arts (dance, design, drawing, etc.).
• Best Ensemble Cast - Presented to two individuals who create the best team for success. This award will go to a team comprised of a person within the advocacy community (staff, teacher, coach, nurse, parent, young leader) and the individual they serve who is living with a developmental disability. The recipients of this award will exemplify the progress that can be made with investments from loving caretakers.
• The "GOLDIE" for Distinguished Community Service and Leadership - Presented to an outstanding established (over 35 years old) leader in the community. This award recipient has tirelessly served the community with volunteer hours, advocacy, and/or financial support.
• The "GOLDIE" for the Best Young Community Advocate - Presented to an emerging leader and advocate. Nominees will be 35 or younger, and will have partnered with an individual challenged by a developmental disability to help him/her lead an inspired life.
• Gold Star Spirit of Friendship Award - Celebrating generous acts of kindness and giving that forge true kindred spirits. This award is to celebrate the unique connections that are formed when community members enter the life of an individual with DD. Strong, impactful relationships are created that sustain, inspire and nourish both parties.
• Volunteer Service Star of Excellence Award - Celebrating outstanding volunteer service to the DD community.